Bug FACTS Every Homeowner Should Know!
- Cockroaches are not only associated with serious diseases such as Salmonella and Dysentery because of their filthy habits, but they also give off allergens similar to cat dander that have been proven to cause asthma attacks in humans!
- Ants can set up colonies in the walls of your house and, in the case of Argentine ants, number in the millions!
- Imported Fire Ants are found in most neighborhoods in the South and commonly infest homes and sting adults and children causing injury and, in some cases, death!
- Cockroach infestations occur in clean houses….not just dirty ones. In most cases, the infestation is not related to housekeeping!
- Salmonella, Hantavirus and Lymphocytic Coriomeningitis are all serious diseases that people can contract from exposure to mouse droppings (feces)!
- Bedbugs have made a dramatic comeback in the United States in recent years and may show up in your home when you least expect them, especially if you travel and stay in hotels!
- Termites damage more homes in the United States each year than hurricanes, tornadoes, and floods combined!
- Rats and mice chew on wiring and cause short circuits, shutting down expensive computer systems and, in some cases, causing serious fires!
- Bees, yellow jackets and wasps kill more people in the United States each year than snakebites!
- Silverfish chew holes and damage books, papers, clothing, upholstery, and other household items!
- Crickets chew holes in clothing, wallpaper, stored books and papers, as well as leaving unsightly and unsanitary droppings (feces) everywhere they go!
- Scorpions can live in houses for years without water, and end up stinging you when you step on them in the floor at night!
- Millipedes, if given the right moisture conditions in or around your yard, can multiply by the tens of thousands and end up in your house in staggering numbers!
- Stored product pests such as the Indian Meal Moth and Saw-tooth Grain Beetle can infest bread, cereal, cornmeal, crackers, oatmeal and other grain products in your pantry!
- Smokey Brown Cockroaches and other large species of roaches are attracted to the lights in your house at night and fly to the doors and windows searching for a crack or crevice to get inside!
- Cockroaches, especially the large Smokey Browns, live inside gas grills where they crawl all over the cooking surface when it cools in order to feed on the grease! (they go down into the bottom when the grill heats up)
- Spraying Pharaoh Ants with bug spray will cause the colonies to “Bud” or multiply, resulting in several different colonies to deal with instead of just one!
- Rats, mice and squirrels carry fleas which may end up on you!
These are just a few of the ways insects, rodents and other pests can create problems for humans.
But…like all problems…pest problems can be solved!
If you’ve got a problem with termites, roaches, ants, mosquitoes, bedbugs, rats, mice, or any other pest…or simply a question…call Coby’s Tentless Termite and Pest Control at 727-462-0400 and ask for me, Coby McConnell. I’ll be happy to speak with you anytime!
Also, don’t forget to ask about our FREE Consultation and FREE 58 Point Pest Analysis of YOUR home or office!
Here’s to helping YOU live PEST FREE,
PS. And remember…As long as God keeps makin’em, we’ll keep killin’em!